Monday, November 7, 2011

2 years ago.

two years. flies by.
Not exactly. If you would have asked me that last year, or a year and a half ago. I would have never said that it has flown by.
I have learned enough to fill up an index about myself. It's true. It has been quite the journey that I never would have taken had I not had my heart broken into a thousand tiny pieces. to be honest were still working on the put back together part. It works out because I feel like this second remodel of my heart has made it stronger than ever before. It now knows when to put up guard, the taking down part still needs some work. It's smarter.
softer.
and more selective.
We don't take any lad making his way down the conveyor belt. In fact we haven't taken any at all. Everything takes time. Everything.
2 years ago it was a beautiful day. It was the perfect amount of sunny and cloudy. The air was crisp, but not like it is today.
This day usually is put down on record for the best day of people's lives.
Yeah. That good. 
EXCEPT.
It wasn't.
It wasn't the best day. It wasn't the worst day I have ever had either. It just happened to be any other day.
two years ago on this very day I would have married someone. 
It was a blessing in disguise, because the young lady I was, was not ready. Not ready at all. 
I am thankful for these 2 years. So very very thankful. 
The battle with the heart is not easily won, I tell you what.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh chels glad i came to your bloggie today. these last two years have def proven you a fighter and a survivor. luv ya!

    ReplyDelete