Monday, November 7, 2011

Taken for Granted.

There are 3 things in my life right now that I will never take for granted again.

1. Dishwasher
2. A Garbage Can as opposed to a dumpster across the parking lot
3. Microwave

Things would run a little bit smoother around here if I were to have these luxuries of life.
I miss the dishwasher too much. In spite of not having a dishwasher, I don't wash my dishes. I don't even have a disposal so I have to reach down and grab the remnants that were left from scrubbing and manually walk them over to the garbage can that won't get taken out again until maybe April because it is so cold outside. I remember the days when there was a trash bin that I could throw all my DC's into when I got out of the car, or I could take the garbage from the house out to the trash in 5 very easy steps. Those days are gone. I took every single time I took the garbage out for granted. Last, but certainly not least the Microwave. I know I have the option of going out and purchasing one, but I haven't brought myself to that decision yet. The oven does the job when its hired too but its just not the same. I always forget about this too. I buy oatmeal, and lean cuisines, and popcorn and realize the second I walk in the door that those things have no chance in my household. It's a shame. Truly. When I grow up and have these things in my life again, I will be sure to live everyday grateful that there is a Trash can outside my door, a Dishwasher ready to clean even the toughest grime, and a Microwave ready to heat anything at the touch of a hand. Until then I will continue to stare at these dishes in my sink, and wonder how ever will I get them clean?


No comments:

Post a Comment