Friday, July 20, 2012

I don't know what to call this.

Sarai Galaviz.
  I met her two weeks ago during my awkward "temp" job stay. When first meeting someone that you don't know how long you'll be in contact with, it's strictly small talk. Until one day we just started chatting away.
  Long story short we got on the subject about how long she had lived here in Colorado. One thing led to another and I found out that her mother had died. So, we keep talking and I asked about her husbands parents. "Did his parents come from Mexico as well, or do they still live there?" Oh, they both died as well. Okay, thats sad but coming from someone that has lost a parent as well it didn't turn into that awkward conversation. She asked about my parents and I explained how my Dad had died as well.
  For some reason whenever I tell somone new about my dad I kinda start to giggle. Not because it is funny, but just because life is hard and it is okay to laugh about really sad stuff sometimes.Plus it happend 14 years ago. I have found joy, and lived a good life.  My girl Sarai just started laughing when I told her. I loved it. I started laughing too. She gets it, or rather me. We were talking about all these people so close to us dying, and we could still laugh. I know this sounds so irreverant, but seriously LIFE can get the best of us if we don't find humor in the really sucky things.

I have been sitting in front of the T.V. all day watching the news. Why do people have to go shoot people? They ruin for it for everyone. This situation, is not funny and probably never will be.

I have been feeling a little under the weather this week, but yesterday especially. My head was floating due to my nasal passage blockage. Hubs and I have to e-mail while he is at work, because he can't text. So, here a little treat for your friday afternoon. Humor, in all this madness.
Clearly.

PRAY for the people that were affected today in the Theater Shooting.


...I look forward to telling the story of what happened to me today. It's funny, but I havent been able to laugh about it yet. Give me the weekend to let my heart beat slow down. Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment