Friday, August 10, 2012

Gregarious

Andrew told me about this word about a month ago. I thought it sounded great and defined us very well. Little did I know how well...

gre·gar·i·ous

[gri-gair-ee-uhs]  
adjective
1.
fond of the company of others; sociable.
2.
living in flocks or herds, as animals.
3.
Botany . growing in open clusters or colonies; not matted together.
4.
pertaining to a flock or crowd.
I wouldn't consider myself a social butterfly by any means, but up until recently did I realize how much I need just the simple company of people that I connect with. Colorado has been nice. It has been completely different than I thought.
My thoughts prior to moving:
1. I would have met a friend by now
2. I would have a job by now
3. I would feel comfortable here... by now.

   Don't get me wrong the people here are great. I just have yet to find me a soul girl Aka a girl that I could be potential besties with, sorta like a soulmate girl (in a non-weird way.)
The truth is I AM LONELY in the day until my hub comes home. It's kinda that feeling as if I don't belong/fit in.
I just had the chance to get away for a short 4 days. Which btw were magical. Give me the Shamu Show and Coronado in the same trip and I am a changed women. Last night as we were driving home from the airport we were chatting all about the trip and how much we missed each other. We turned onto the street that leads to our house and tears just started streaming down my face. My reality set back in.

Its hard. Its my little battle that I have to keep fighting. Andrew just held me all night long as I wiped snot all over our blanket, and mascara on our pillows and his face. He didn't care. He knew exactly how I was feeling. I got a good one. He for real is my {soulmate}.

Long story short. I have learned that I need people. I need friends. I need good company.

1 comment:

  1. at the very end of this post, something hit me. how we have this little moments of saving graces that help us push forward in hard moments/weeks/months. exactly how you described, that's how i was feeling the summer you came and stayed with us. i told you you were my little savior. maybe now you understand a little better what i meant. luv ya girl! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete